Provide support to project management from conception through implementation and follow-up support services for industrial control system projects supervision of the engineering, design and project management performed in the substation engineering group. Responsibilities include engineering and design services related to new, upgraded and retrofitted substation projects. Also includes support of groups that rely upon substation designs, estimates and drawings.
Typical Project Types
• Substation SCADA Systems
• Generation Plant DCS Systems
• Industrial PLC/HMI Control Systems
Responsibilities and Duties
(3 – 10 Years Experience Required)
• I/O Point List
• Hardware Specification
• AC/DC Schematics
• Relay Panel Layout
• Marshalling Cabinet Layout
• Bill of Materials
• SCADA Point List
• SCADA Wiring
• Network Communication Wiring
• Connection and Interconnection Wiring Diagrams
• Logic Diagrams
• PLC/HMI/RTU/SCADA Systems Programming
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
• Ability to read P&IDs and Electrical Schematics.
• Understanding of communication protocols such as DNP, Modbus, RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet
• Thorough knowledge of SCADA/DCS/PLC hardware and programming.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. The confidence to coordinate meetings, communicate with project stakeholders and run checkouts with personnel from different departments including (and not limited to) Engineers, Managers, Electrical/Instrumentation Technicians, Contractors, and Suppliers.
• An understanding that a phone call or a face-to-face meeting is a preferred communication tool. But knowing it is vital to regularly check your email and follow up conversations in writing.
• The willingness to leave the cubicle and work in the field.
• Results driven, understanding what is required to complete tasks in order to meet schedules, and having personal accountability – not just being someone who subscribes to an “8 and Skate” punch clock or a clock watcher mentality
• Strong attention to technical detail
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Candidate must complete and pass a pre-employment background check.
• Candidate must be eligible to work in the US. Our company participates in E-Verify.
Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
Participation in our 401 K Plan
Participation in Medical and Ancillary Benefits
We also offer:
• A culture devoid of drama, politics, and hierarchies
• A variety of work environments including the office and customer facilities such as power plants, substations, mines and other heavy industrial environments
• Unlimited growth potential
• Flexibility and freedom atypical of most engineering companies. We strive to be different – we want a culture that allows every person to express their individuality and be comfortable in order to thrive.
*Relocation packages for this position will not be offered.
Job Type: Full-time