Provide supervision of the engineering, design and project management performed in the substation engineering group. Responsibilities include engineering and design services related to new, upgraded and retrofitted substation projects. Also includes support of groups that rely upon substation designs, estimates and drawings.
Typical Project Types
• Transmission Substations
• Distribution Substations
• Industrial Substations
Responsibilities and Duties
(5 – 10 Years Experience Required)
• One Line Diagrams
• Three Line Diagrams
• AC Schematics
• DC Schematics
• Relay Panel Layout
• Marshalling Cabinet Layout
• Protective Relay Application
• SCADA Point Lists
• SCADA Wiring
• Communication Wiring
• Connection and Interconnection Wiring Diagrams
• Equipment and Material Sizing and Specification
• AC and DC Panel Schedules and Distribution
• General Arrangement Plans and Elevations
• Bill of Materials
• Structural Steel Dimensions and Loading Trees
• Foundation Plans and Details
• Grounding Plans and Details
• Underground Trench and Conduit Plans
• Control House Layout Plan and Elevations
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
• Thorough knowledge of RUS, NEC and NESC
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. The confidence to coordinate meetings and communicate with project stakeholders, including (and not limited to) personnel from different departments such as Engineers, Managers, Electrical/Instrumentation Technicians, contractors, and suppliers.
• An understanding that a phone call or a face-to-face meeting is a preferred communication tool. But knowing it is vital to regularly check your email and follow up conversations in writing.
• The willingness to leave the cubicle and work in the field.
• Results driven, understanding what is required to complete tasks in order to meet schedules, and having personal accountability – not just being someone who subscribes to an “8 and Skate” punch clock or a clock watcher mentality
• Strong attention to technical detail
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Candidate must complete and pass a pre-employment background check.
• Candidate must be eligible to work in the US. Our company participates in E-Verify.
Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
Participation in our 401 K Plan
Participation in Medical and Ancillary Benefits
We also offer:
• A culture devoid of drama, politics, and hierarchies
• A variety of work environments including the office and customer facilities such as power plants, substations, mines and other heavy industrial environments
• Unlimited growth potential
• Flexibility and freedom atypical of most engineering companies. We strive to be different – we want a culture that allows every person to express their individuality and be comfortable in order to thrive.
*Relocation packages for this position will not be offered.
Job Type: Full-time