• Transmission Substations
• Distribution Substations
• Industrial Substations
Typical Design Tasks:
• One Line Diagrams
• Three Line Diagrams
• AC Schematics
• DC Schematics
• Relay Panel Layout
• Marshalling Cabinet Layout
• Protective Relay Application
• SCADA Point Lists
• SCADA Wiring
• Communication Wiring
• Connection and Interconnection Wiring Diagrams
• Equipment and Material Sizing and Specification
• AC and DC Panel Schedules and Distribution
• General Arrangement Plans and Elevations
• Bill of Materials
• Structural Steel Dimensions and Loading Trees
• Foundation Plans and Details
• Grounding Plans and Details
• Underground Trench and Conduit Plans
• Control House Layout Plan and Elevations
The Successful Candidate will be:
• Experienced. Able to produce detailed construction documentation.
• Capable. You can apply RUS and utility design standards. You can calculate loads, CT burdens, conduit and cable tray fill and you can correctly specify equipment ratings. You have mechanical aptitude and can correctly locate conduit stub-ups in foundations. You can make wiring diagrams from schematics. You know how to wire a 63 relay into an 86 relay.
• Goal Oriented, Self-Directed and Autonomous. We will give you a project. You figure out what needs to be done and how to do it.
• Productive. You churn out design documents on schedule and on budget.
• Socially Graceful and Politically Astute (at least moderately). You gather information from clients and vendors, coordinate with other engineering disciplines, and direct junior engineers and CAD operators.
• A Functional Communicator. Your job is to communicate to the constructor in the field what he has to do.
• A Teacher. You guide and help develop tasks with the less-qualified engineers.
Our Dream Candidate:
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Registered Professional Engineer, Electrical Discipline
• Thorough knowledge of RUS, NEC and NESC
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The self-confidence to collectively and timely complete tasks.
• Strong attention to technical detail
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Real-world field and construction experience